Monday, June 29, 2009

Wedding Day

For my dearest friends Sameer and Rosie

Put on the Kajal with a hint of gray
Paint my hands with Mehandi today
Bindya, Chooriyan and Saari to wear
I want to look my best today

I waited for this moment night and day
My wait will finally be over today
Cliffs will bow and birds will pray
A new chapter of love will begin today

A summer breeze will gently spray
Marking the arrival of my beloved today
Barriers will drop and joys will make way
I will be one with my love today

Stars and moon have a reason to stay
All the enchanting bodies are invited today
Roses and lilies in your finest array
Come dance with me on my wedding day

4 comments:

nydiathegreat said...

Awwwwwwwww Amyn!!! This is so beautiful! I love it! What a sweet picture you painted in my mind...great job!

Mariam Aly Khan said...

you are so amazingly talented. best to rosie and sameer!

smarf98 said...

Thanks for writing this Amyn! It is beautiful :-)

OM said...

My Pleasure Rose!